Friday, July 17, 2009

What has Malaysia becoming into?

I always feel sorry for my country whenever my friends on my facebook list have to talk about how much they hate politicians in a social network like facebook. I am even more saddened when my fellow Msian friends in Australia is disturbed by what's happening back home. But I do understand being the leader of a country is not easy because you can't please everyone. Yet in Malaysia, nobody has so much anger and frustration with the government as much as us Malaysian Chinese.

I dont care about what trouble this will bring me but we were never treated equally. We made more money because we are smart yet we pay taxes to feed a bunch of ppl who can't do their jobs well. It's no wonder we run from our country. It's no wonder we make up a bunch of excuses to run from paying tax. I sometimes dont blame the police for taking corruption because the higher ranks one ate up all their wages. few hundred dollars a month for a normal policeman is not enough to feed his family. It's no wonder they get tempted. People who are rich and powerful gets richer and people who are poor will remain poor (although this is also happening elsewhere in the world).

If it's not for my family, if it's not for my friends or the food, I would never never never over my sorry ass go back to Malaysia for holidays once a year. Because I feel very unsafe when I go out. I dont know when I'll get snatched. I dont know when i'll get kidnapped/murdered and they will never find out who did it. I dont know when we malaysian chinese would lose the littlest amount of place in this country.

It is a pity because Malaysia is such a beautiful place. Yet governed by a bunch of unbelievebly corrupted people. People who are still elected to do the job eventhough they do it in the grossest manner.

Do we actually have a choice? I really don't know.

1 comment:

  1. oh.. yes, i totally agreed with you.
    i hate to talk about race, but sometimes things that happened/are happening, really challenged my patience in getting along with them.. some are really nice.. but some are just the opposite.. or pretend to be nice. i had my experience recently.. which i will blog it because its up to my nerves already and i cannot stand it!
    btw, i'm happy reading, go on ann!

    ReplyDelete