Sunday, March 29, 2009

Earth Hour

For some reason, Earth hour this year has been widely publicized is blogs around the world. Being environmental conscious is probably becoming the 'in' thing now. Maybe the effect of global warming is taking it's toll on us - tsunami, bush fires, wild snows, fancy name hurricanes. It's. very. scary. I don't feel much when I am in Malaysia but I feel different in Australia. You just know when it is different. Like last year when winter came late and Adelaide experienced the hottest 10 consecutive days, and I almost thought that the weather wouldn't return to normal. It was just like when I was in second year of uni when Malaysia had the worst case of haze. It was so misty and dark and smelly that I remembered telling my friend, "I think doomsday is coming!". Well, perhaps after lots of sci-fi movies later, the 'idea' of doomsday plants deep. I'm not a christian myself but I do believe that humans will one day wipe out themselves due to their insensitivity.

So, what did I do on earth hour? I switched off my lights because THE BF was sleeping and didn't want to wake up for dinner, yet I kept the TV on. HAHAHA. so fail! Anyway, I did manage to wake him up a few minutes later and guess what, we rushed out of the house without switching off the lights! But thank god we were just outside and we hurried in to switch everything off and then we went for dinner. So BASICALLY i didn't sin on Earth hour but let others did! HAHAHA. I planned to just chill outside with friends but the bf ruined it cuz he couldnt wake up for dinner. Hope to do better next year!

Anyway, eventhough we are no where near conserving energy or recycling enough, I think the idea itself of saving the earth is a good start! And i guess that is what Earth Hour is all about. To create awareness of how we're harming the earth. Maybe we're not doing enough but I think we'll get there eventually. Well.. hopefully....

No comments:

Post a Comment