Wednesday, July 28, 2010

WOW it's time...........!

i guess it's time to update this dead space here. has it been so long? this year passed by so quickly, i quit counting the days. sighs.

so what have i been up to these months? except having tonnes of visitors from overseas whether it's mine or my friends, countless karaoke til we were drunk night, clubbing til people got into fight nights, birthdays, dinners - this year has also been my holiday year!!

in jan, i went to adrian's friend's wedding in melbourne. in july, went to friend's birthday in sydney - had the opportunity to try world class's chef's degustation menu, and it was so awesome! food was great, ambiance was great, customer service was exceptional and the company of course, was fun! then mum is coming over in aug and i'll be going home end of the year for 4 weddings. cannot believe it and siew shan lyn, i am extending my holidays just for you babe!!!

besides taking on a super role i hated, i have also enrolled myself in diploma in retail management. it is so different from what i used to do in uni. it is so theory based but i do find some stuffs they teach very useful.

being pushed into managerial role just makes me hate my job - i dont get an increase in pay and i have to learn how to solve conflicts, try to tell people off etc.

i've always been not so confident but i'm really not cut out to manage a pharmacy, and it makes me think twice if i want to buy into this pharmacy because what's the point of being rich if i dont enjoy my job?

maybe i should give myself more credit for the stuffs i have done. well at least the pharmacy is still there and everything is still running smoothly. staffs are not leaving.

oh well if i think about the bad things that can happen - it hasn't happened yet - then maybe i am a good manager. but if i think about if the pharmacy is moving forward, i really doubt so.

so my leadership is a little bit like me - resistant to change :(

3 comments:

  1. yeah~ i get to see all my love ones at of the year! woots~
    ann...manegerial or not, you'll still do great. no doubt in that.
    i'm ask to be more shell too...when i'm a total anti shell freak. sigh~

    ReplyDelete
  2. shan: dont thank me yet. i havent bought my air tickets! HAHAHAHA. omg. panicking now actually..

    qian: thanks! but i still dread going to work lately

    ReplyDelete